Thursday, March 1, 2018

March New Release with Technique Junkies!

 
Hello Everyone and Welcome to the March New Release Hop with
Technique Junkies!


There are so many great images in this release, and if you are a colorist like me, you will be happy, happy, happy!  ALL of the March release stamps are 15% off from now until March 8th!  
No code needed, just put your items in the cart and the discount will be applied at checkout.
Want something outside of the new release?  No problem, you can get a discount of 10%
on those items by using code TJ10LeeAnn.  

Let's get hopping!  If you came from Jeanne Streiff's blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you 
can start at the Technique Junkies Design Team Blog to view the entire hop.  

My first card uses the comical Birthday Cat stamp.   I love him in all of his chubbiness!


To color, I cut out a reverse mask and then sponged him with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.
He was then fussy cut out.
The background was done by die cutting 2 background panels- one out of white
and one out of a piece of Yupo that was colored with alcohol inks.   I used
the inlaid die technique, replacing some of the white pieces with the alcohol ink
colored pieces.


I used other pieces of this Yupo for a completely different look HERE.

I added the perfect sentiment, Goofy Stuff, cutting the sentiment into pieces
to create sentiment strips.

My next card uses the new, You Are Special stamp, along with the Butterfly 2 image.


Again, this background was made using alcohol inks, then die cut with a scalloped
rectangle die.  I stamped and colored the butterfly, then added some gold
highlights using gold foil.  I also added gold foil to the areas of the alcohol
ink that remained tacky.



The You Are Special sentiment is stamped with Ranger Archival Ink and
took a bit of time to dry on the Yupo paper.
I am linking up to Laurel Seabrook's challenge, Inspired by-


 I am also linking up to Sunny Day Crafting- "I is for Insects".
Head on over to Cheri's blog, where she always has gorgeous inspiration for you!



Thanks for hopping!  Enjoy!

Lee Ann  

6 comments:

  1. Great cards, Lee Ann! I especially love the coloring on that cat! Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards! Oh, Lee Ann, I love what you've done with such fabulous color! That background piecing with the die and the alcohol greens in the second card...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards. I am in love with the way you did your background with the cat. Might have to CASE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards the colors are fantastic. Who doesn't love a chubby kitty and the saying is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your cards!! The color combo & background with the big fluffy kitty is gorgeous. Foiling along with alcohol inks, I have to try! It's stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...