Saturday, March 19, 2016

Happy Easter Peep!

Happy Saturday All!

And a Happy start to Spring Break for me!  Hope you are getting some R and R where you are!  If you are looking for the Spring Coffee Lovers Hop, click HERE.
 I needed an Easter card for my mom and dad; I had yet to ink up this retired, but new to me MFT stamp.  It was perfect for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge~


The sketch~

Somehow I missed that there was an additional panel on this sketch (sigh) but, as I really wanted to show off my new, gorgeous Lawn Fawn plaid paper, I am OK with it just as is.

The colors are from The The Challenge, which can be found on Lesley Croghan's blog, Always Playing with Paper~

I kept things very simple, cutting the plaid base with a SugarPea Designs Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Die for a great finished look.  I colored the image with Copics and used the outside the box technique on the image panel then backed it with a SU doily. Some fine Martha Stewart glitter on the bunny/peep gives it that wonderful sugary look.  Some baker's twine and SSS sequins finish off the card.

I am also linking up to this week's Inkspirational Challenge- 'Just Add E' -E is for Easter, in this case.

And, I am linking up to the challenge at  MarkerPOP- 'Easter'.


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!

Lee Ann  :)
 

8 comments:

  1. This is totally gorgeous Lee Ann! Such a sweet image and the gingham and twine accents are a beautiful touch! Thanks for joining us again at Just Add Ink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the colours you have chosen and your wonderful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, Lee Ann ... that sweet little image is fabulous with that delicate doily and fresh plaid background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card! Love the gingham check and the little girl with her 'peep'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super, stinkin' adorable, Lee Ann! That background print couldn't match the palette any better... Beautiful color work, too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, Lee Ann! Brilliant coloring - especially in the folds of the skirt. So happy to see you at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lee Ann! I love the sparkly bunny pop and your use of colour and design. Thanks for playing at Just add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee Ann your card is adorable. I love your chosen paper/colours, and your colouring is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...