Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Going Masculine with SugarPea Designs

Hi Friends!
Wednesday has rolled around again and that means it is time for another SugarPea Designs SugarSketch!  This week I went masculine with my card, which would work for a Father's Day card or a hubby's birthday card.


 Masculine cards are HARD!  Do you find yourself wanting to keep adding things, like ribbon or sequins, LOL!
Here is the new sketch~


As you can see, I turned the sketch.  :)
I used the Wanderlust Stamp Set- this was my first SPD set- I love it!   Stamped and colored the compass rose in neutral colors and replaced the banner in the top right corner with a partial stamped airplane.  I tucked a bit of cheese cloth behind the compass rose and grounded it to a banner, cut with the Stitched Flag dies.  The large banner (map print dp) is also cut with the Stitched Flag dies.  I had a piece of watercolored paper that had not made it to a card- it was die cut out with the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles die- lying on my desk and it created the perfect backdrop for my flags and compass rose.  Lastly, the sentiment was stamped; it is from the Lost Without You Stamp Set.

You can check out all of the amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team; such a talented bunch!
Claire Broadwater  
Deanne Kay
Jeanne Jachna
Karren Johnson

Laura Jane


Once you have created your card, you can link it up HERE , to the SugarPea Designs Blog.
You can play as many times as you like; the more you play, the greater your chances of winning!  Check out all of the rules HERE.  Can't wait to see your creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Lee Ann  :)

5 comments:

  1. I really like your manly card! I especially find them very difficult to make. This one is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you stamped that plane just coming in...so clever and awesome. Great man card! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards always amaze me, Lee Ann! This is another fabulous card. You are the master of so many styles and I always love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design! The netting, and that plane hanging off the edge of the page are fab details Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...