Wednesday, December 9, 2015

SugarPea Designs Sketch!

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!
 And it is a Happy Wednesday because every Wednesday means a new sketch for SugarPea Designs!
I am sooo excited about today's sketch as it is my first sketch as part of the Challenge Team!


Here is this week's sketch~


Super fun sketch, for sure!  To be honest, this one scared me at first, LOL, but in the end, I had all sorts of ideas rolling around in my head!
I started with the trees from the Have an Ice Day Stamp Set, coloring in blue for a monochromatic blue Christmas.   The Sugar Cuts Homescape Die was perfect for the narrow strip across the circles.
At some point it occurred to me that this could make a great shaker card, although it is hard to see my shaker goodies as the sequins and glitter are hiding behind trees.  The circle background is colored with Copics.  The sentiment, from the Lost Without You Stamp Set, is  heat embossed with white ep and the star is in silver.
I was really stumped on how to finish it off and then I noticed my brand new Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Dies and voila!  I had  the perfect finished border for the night scene.  I think this is my new favorite die!  
I am so excited for this Challenge Team!  I cannot wait to see what you create!  Hop on over to the SugarPea Designs blog to link up your project!
Check out the rest of the team's inspiration below!



And did I mention a prize?????
  You can play as often as you like; the more you play the better your chances of being randomly selected to win the month's prize. 
Yep, you read that right!  If you use SPD stamps and are the randomly selected winner, you win a $75 gift certificate to the SPD store.  If you are a winner, and do not use SPD stamps your gift certificate is $25. 
Can't wait to see you in the gallery!  


I am linking up to AAA cards- 'Christmas- Silent Night, Holy Night'

And Addicted to Stamps and More- 'CAS'
And The Paper Players- 'Let it Snow'

Have a blessed day!  

Lee Ann  :)

17 comments:

  1. This is stunning, beautiful job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Ann, this is gorgeous!!!! I love the blue and white winter scene! So peaceful! I could go on and on--- I LOVE it! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, I love winter scenes in blue and white! I've always loved those trees, I think I'm going to have to order that set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card you have created here. Love those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the blue trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply Splendid Lee Ann! Happy little trees, peaceful blues! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! This is beyond gorgeous, Lee Ann! I love how you used the sketch - and I have to admit it had me stumped at first too! But you've created a beautiful scene and the blue trees are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO happy you entered my challenge at The Paper Players, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply gorgeous! The trees and the design our ingenious! Way to knock it out of the park! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply beautiful, Lee Ann. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shade of blue and I love those beautifully coloured, quirky trees! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing scene you've created - love the depth of perspective, the rich colours and the serene feel of your card. The little stitched border on the card base is an amazing finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty, well done, love the colouring it's fab

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous job you did with this - so detailed and so simple at the same time. Love the monochromatic color. Love it!!! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...