Sunday, March 22, 2015

New Butterfly

Happy Sunday, Everyone.

I am gearing up to go back to work tomorrow.  For those on spring break this week, enjoy!  I took advantage of the last few hours of my spring break and played along in a few challenges; I wanted to try out a new stamp that had yet to see ink.  Of course, stamp shopping is a must on spring break!


This is an Indigo Blue Stamp, and I just love it!  It is the first of this brand that I have; I love the detailed design.
The image was stamped on mixed media paper with Versafine Black ink. I heat set the ink and then colored it with my Peerless Watercolors.  Love that stuff!  Next, I splattered on some watercolor and used my color spritzer to spritz on some black ink.  I pulled out an oldie but goodie sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up and heat embossed it in black on vellum.   
Sadly, I need this card for a friend and co-worker who lost her daughter 2 weeks ago.  I have made too many sympathy cards lately.

This card was inspired by several challenges-
Runway Inspired Challenge-
Darnell's NBUS #4-

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge-

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is 'Lion and Lamb'- use an animal on your card

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

11 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! The background is gorgeous. Love the colors!
    I'm so sorry that you've had to make so many sympathy cards recently. Such a shame.
    Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! I like all the special touches you gave to this card...great job with the water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful! Sympathy cards are a fact of life but it doesn't make it any easier to do them. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is stunning. the background and butterflies are beautiful. thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sunday Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! That pop of red won me over :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL butterfly with so much detail, it looks like a photograph! Pretty color combo too

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lush and so vibrant, Lee Ann, yet it is still soothing because of the butterflies so it works for a sympathy card! Your design and your splatters are a perfect composition! I love the card, but I'm so sorry for your friend and that you've needed even more of these cards. Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4 with your new stamp!! I'm glad you had a crafty spring break! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those bold butterflies against the fresh background! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty..and a great interpretation of the inspiration image! Thanks for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...