Sunday, January 11, 2015

Looking for Spring

Hello Everyone!

I am a big fan of winter, especially the snow part, but today it is just dreary, dreary, dreary!  I decided my craft room was the best place to be and decided to play in the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoaststampers; Ann aka Dockside is featured this week.  I chose a cas card with a wreath and a grid pattern to case, but in the process, created quite the mess!


I wanted to do a water color wash background; I chose colors from Colour Q.


I brushed on a pinky orange color from my Peerless water colors; then while the background was still wet, I stamped on some Razzleberry ink with the SU Off the Grid image.  This is where the mess occurred! 
I gave up that idea pretty quick and moved on to stamping my wreath with a little image from Flourishes Life Love Lemon set.  I decided to use the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches~


 Then I discovered the wonderully springy inspiration photo at The Card Concept and since it is there 1 year anniversary, I had to play along with my former team!  Happy Anniversary Card Concept!  The inspiration brought me back to pink'y', purple'y' colors so I used my mess of a watercolor paper and punched flowers from it. 

It also seems appropriate to link up to 613 Avenue Create for their 2 year anniversary.  This card uses water coloring and handmade flowers.  Happy Anniversary to 613 Avenue Create!

I added layers with a Crumb Cake frame cut with Spellbinders and a Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen.  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs. 

Thanks so much for visiting and have a wonderful week!

Lee Ann:)

11 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! Lovely! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and watercolors are barely on speaking terms so I feel your pain! But I love how you salvaged your mess and made those sweet little flowers. Your wreath is so very spring-like. I don't share your love of snow so any time I see something pretty that reminds me that spring is just around the corner, I smile! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice CAS design! The wreath is beautifully exectued! Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Ann I love that wreath! Thank you for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and feminine - what great way to use up your watercolour mess lol! It's given the blooms some lovely depth. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee Ann, I love that pretty wreath! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LeeAnn - this card is so beautiful! You've combined challenges perfectly for your anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at FMS and The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Love the CAS style, and the addition of the paper flowers to the stamped wreath is just a fantastic idea for adding dimension. Thanks you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again soon!
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty mix of watercolor and dies LeeAnn!
    Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lee Ann, your card is so fresh and beautiful! Thank you for celebrating with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...