Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Crafty Secret Summer Fun

Hello! 

Here it is Sunday night already; can someone tell me where the weekend went??  Goodness it has gone by fast!  I really wanted to play along over at Crafty Secrets;  I love their vintage images and have been to the website, but never realized they had a blog- and a Linky Party!  I just discovered the blog, thanks to a post by crafty friend, Kathy Clement.
So, I new I was down to the wire, plus I had to download a digi, and I am not very good with digis.  But, I persevered and here is my card~


 I really love vintage people.  That may sound strange, but I do love coloring them.  This sweet little girl fit the bill and as the theme to this month's party theme is 'Summer Fun'.  Enjoying the beautiful outdoors is my idea of summer fun. 
I craft in my basement and the lighting is not very good, so I use an Ott light.  My seam binding looked a very pretty shade of peachy orange while I was in the basement.  However, when I stepped outside to take a picture, there it was, all blaring in neon orange!  So please forgive the neon bow- it was not intended! 
This image is called Flower Girl.  I love this particular sentiment it came with; it is so versatile.  I used a scrap of a Resplendent Rectangle Spellbinders die cut that I had lying on my desk.  I thought the black corners were a great way to embellish the image along the top and the bottom.  The blades of grass behind the sentiment are a die from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Tall Grass Die.  The frame for the sentiment is the Vintage Oval and matching Die from Verve. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-Flower Girl digi from Crafty Secrets, Vintage Oval Verve
Paper- Curious Metallic Cryogen White, SU Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Other- Copics, snss Tall Grass Die, SB Resplendent Rectangles Dies, Verve Vintage Oval Die, SU buttons and doily

8 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, this is such a beautiful card! I love the way you used the digital Garden Girl stamp. The coloring is so delicate, and I love the die cuts you added, too! I chuckled when you mentioned the orange ribbon...I've had that same thing happen to me, but I think it looks very summery and fun. I'm so glad you played along, and hope you'll become a regular! Thanks for joining us in the July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just beautiful. I love this sweet image and your colored it to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings back memories for me as a child, receiving cards like this...Shows my age...lol..the neon is very pretty, matching her hair...smiles..Everything about this cards a adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee Ann, thanks for joining our July Linky Party and posting your pretty Flower Girl card – which is totally stunning! I have searched everywhere and I can't find an email to contact you to send you your $6 gift card. You can reach me at craftysecrets@telus.net and I will send it right away.

    I adore the way you colored this stamp set!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable. Your coloring is FANTASTIC!!! I love this project! Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Secrets Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too had to chuckle at your comments about the ribbon color ... but actually I think it's PERFECT! Great job on your coloring and design! So glad you've found us and are joining the fun! Thanks so much for playing along in our July Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be patient with digital crafting Lee Ann. When I was asked to join the design team 1 year ago exactly I didn't even know how to download digis and now I use them most of the time. I have most of the stamp sets in most stamp form and digi form and find I use the digi more than the stamp. You did an amazing job colouring this and when you think of it, it doesn't really matter whether the line drawing you use is stamped or downloaded. I like being able to size my image. I chuckled when I read your comment about the neon ribbon. I often colour at night and I often find when I go to photograph in the day the colours are brighter than I intended. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Secrets Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...