Thursday, May 15, 2014

Die~Namites Thanks

Hello Everyone!

I have a quick card to share that I have blogged on the Die~Namites Blog today,  using my new Summer Branch die. 


I love this versatile die; it is the perfect accent for just about everything, LOL!  Today I ventured outside of my comfort zone and cut my die cut out of patterned paper.  I adhered these end to end on a River Rock cardstock strip that had been embossed.  I added a stripe of coral (it really is coral even though it looks bright orange here) cs and a scalloped edge of blue patterned paper. 


 I had a scrap of gold heat embossed Spring Doily die cut laying on my desk; as I looked at it, I thought the edge of the die looked like gold braiding.  I trimmed this edge of the die cut and cut it into 3 pieces, adhering them in a scalloped pattern behind my branches and blue scallops. 



I stamped and watercolored my image from Fun Stampers Journey; my bird got a bit lost in the patterned paper, so I used the center circular piece of the gold embossed Spring Doily as a base for the bird.



I love the overall collage style of the card;  I think it is a bit eclectic as well, at least for me!

Thanks so much for stopping by today; have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- Fun Stampers Journey, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Thankful Innies
Paper-watercolor paper, SU River Rock, Calypso Coral, Christy Tomlinson She Art dp
Ink- Versamark, Versafine Black, Ranger Archival Black
Other- Die~Namites Summer Branch and Spring Doily Dies, Gold ep, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Borders and Backgrounds die, SU Honeycomb embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the bird and that sentiment is fnatastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird and all the detail! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...