Sunday, December 15, 2013

Short, Sweet and Shabby

Hi Everyone!
Seeing as I am quite under the weather today, this blog post will be short.  It is sweet as it is all about gingerbread and it is shabby because I have the pleasure  of being guest designer for the Shabby Tea Room this week. 
Red, white, gingham and gingerbread all have to be components of your cards/projects this week.


I started with my treat holder (instructions here); I guess I am not a gingerbread person because I had to search through all of my craft supplies to find one lone piece of dp with gingerbread men on it.  I cut him out in a circle, added a kraft circle that I had lying on my desk and then added my scalloped circle.  The gingham is stamped  and a piece of Gumball Green cs is layered on top of it.  My sewing machine decided to act up on me part way through my project, so the stitches are not quite right.
I love the holly from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Christmas Silhouettes; I stamped several of these and die cut them out, then covered them with Stampendous Crystal Snow.
You may be wondering why my card is not identical to my treat holder.  Well, truth be told, I really, really dislike making multiples of anything.  For the card, I added a banner and a strip of muslin which I wrapped around the gingham layer, gathered the two ends together, and tied them with some baker's twine.  Red buttons and baker's twine finish off both projects.
Do you still have Christmas projects to finish?  Stop by the Shabby Tea Room and play along!

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Christmas Silhouettes, SU Merry, Merry and Teeny Tiny Wishes, Our Daily Bread Designs- Gingham Background Stamp
Paper- Whisper White, Neenah Solar White, Crumb Cake, Gumball Green, Brown Sugar
Ink- Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
Other- Stampendous Crystal Snow, Spellbinders Scalloped Circles, MFT Fish Tail Flag Stax and Circle Stax Die-Namics,  Sweet 'n Sassy Christmas Silhouettes Dies, SU Apothercary Framelits, Brights Buttons, Baker's Twine, Large Oval Punch, Treat Bags, and Argyle ef,  Red ribbon



1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Happy to have you with us this week. Love your pretty projects. PS: I dislike making multiples too! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...