Saturday, May 25, 2013

Gesso Resists!

Good Morning!

Wow!  I cannot believe that the unofficial official start to summer is here!  School is out for us and that means time to get things done around the house and more craft time.  And don't you find you stay up later during the summer hours?  I know I do and I was up late last night making a mixed media card for SCS's Mix challenge, to use both rough and smooth elements on our cards.

I started by following a tutorial on Gesso Resist technique by Kim at Eclectic Paperie, found here.  I applied the gesso to my cs base and once dry, splotched on diluted More Mustard and Calypso Coral reinker, spritzed with water and dried to desired effect. And the gesso really does resist beautifully.
Next I stamped a bit of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Music Background image in black on portions of the background.  Then I stamped the flourish from SU's Everything Eleanor on Craft White and embossed with white ep.
The stars are made with SU's Glimmer Paper, diecut with Sizzix star dies and then the two larger stars are coated with Crystal Effects.
The top 'awning' or layer is made with So Saffron and stamped in Craft White with MFT's Darling Dots stamp.  Wish Big is stamped with Archival Black ink.  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a blessed weekend!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-SU Word Play, Everything Eleanor; MFT Darling Dots, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Music Background
Paper-SU So Saffron, Basic Black, Calypso Coral, Silver Glimmer Paper; white cs
Ink- Archival Black, SU More Mustard, Calypso Coral, Craft White
Other-SU ribbon, gesso,  Sizzix star dies, SU Apothecary Framelits, Crystal Effects

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lee Ann, this is stunning. I love, love, love that background and will be giving it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous! I love the colors, the textures, and the big bold sentiment!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...