Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mix-ability Number 1

Splitcoaststampers is starting the month off with a brand new challenge; the Mix-ability Challenge, where we, as players, get to learn how to make mixed media.  What a fun way to learn about new products and techniques!  Lydia started us off having us use both shiny and matte mediums on our projects this week. 


I chose to work with acrylic paint (matte) and Crystal Effects (shiny) mediums on my card.  I played with a brand new set by Paper Smooches and got out my Copics which haven't seen the light of day for a while! 
I sponged the acrypic paint over a stencil and matted the stenciled paper on Lucky Limeade cs.  I used my MFT Fishtail Flag Stax to make the banner from my cute bird image and Island Indigo cs.  I applied Crystal Effects to the bird's eyes. 
Clean and Simple!  That's it!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and have a blessed weekend! 

Lee Ann  :)

1 comment:

  1. Great card for the challenge! Using acrylic paint with stencils is a fabulous technique on this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...