Sunday, November 11, 2012

Colorful Sunday

Happy Sunday to Everyone!  I have a quick post this morning before I get on to other things-sadly, housework.  This is for this week's Color Throwdown 217.


These are some fabulous colors!  Here is my take on the challenge-



 I have not used my set, Everything Eleanor too much, so I thought I would play with that.  I went with a white flower and the Lucky Limeade was perfect for the greenery.  I love the framing affect when using the Framelit Window dies and made mine in Night of Navy.  I hope I have inspired you! 


 Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-Everything Eleanor
Paper-Whisper White, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black
Ink-Lucky Limeade, Stazon black
Other-Polka Dot ef, Vintage Wallpaper ef, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Window Framelits, dimensionals 
All Supplies are from Stampin' Up

_________________________________________

Well, so much for housework!!  I couldn't let the weekend get away from me without playing the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS today.  Today's featured stamper has a wonderful gallery and I chose this card to case.  I really enjoy making frames for my images and this card is no exception.  I like how Patty used a die cut as the main focal point in the frame.
This is my take on her card-

Instead of using a die cut as the focal point in the frame, I used a masked image. I ended up blending two colors on the mask as I started out using Buckaroo Blue but quickly realized that the sponge I grabbed had brown on it.  The white frame and sentiment panel are both embossed with the wood grain ef and popped up on dimensionals.  I applied Dazzling Details to the berries, although you really can't see it in the photo and distress Stickles to the pine cone.



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!


Lee Ann :)

Supplies used-
Stamps-Peaceful Wishes, Gently Falling, Watercolor Winter
Paper-Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink-Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate chip, Crumb Cake, Buckaroo Blue
Other-Wood grain ef, Window Framelits, dimensionals, Aspen mask (Crafter's Workshop), Stickles, Dazzling Details


4 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards! I really, really love the colors for the first card and you've done a great job using them. The sentiment on your second card is perfect as it is such a peaceful-looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love how you framed the flower inside of the die cut piece. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lee Ann! That flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...