Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vintage Christmas

The challenge at Splitcoast Stampers today is to use tissue paper on your card.  This seemed very challenging until I thought to try it as a fan behind my image.  I had been wanting to try the fan embellishment anyway, so I gave it a go on this vintage Christmas card.

What do you think?  I think I like the fan, but I would skip the Flower Soft on the hat and coat trim.
To make this card I used:
Stamps-Curly Cute, Greeting Card Kids, Mixed Bunch
Paper-Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Naturals White, Early Espresso, Twitterpated dsp
Ink- Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, distressing ink
Other-tissue paper, dimensionals, Flower Soft
The tissue paper is stamped with a blossom from Mixed Bunch in Early Espresso and then the entire surface is sponged with distressing ink.  I then gathered it into a fan shape and adhered it to the card with the inked side down.  The paper is thin enough that the ink comes through and I just wanted a hint of the distressed ink, so turned it "facedown".

Thanks for stopping by; happy crafting!

Lee Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...