Thursday, June 21, 2012

Angelic Card

I am so happy that I just got my new order from Stampin' Up and am ready to try out all my new goodies!  The first stamp to get inked up is this morning was the angel from the Rejoicing with You set.  I wanted to experiment with supplies and not be afraid of the end product possibly not being what I wanted it to be.  So with that in mind, I decided to try the sketch over at Merry Monday.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get a good picture of this card.  The Bravo Burgundy card base looks washed out and the gold frame around the circle does not look gold.  This looks better irl, but still does not compare to a card that inspired me from the Merry Monday blog post earlier this month.  If you want to see perfection, check out this card.  
                      I used:
Stamps- Rejoicing with You
Paper- Bravo Burgundy, Crumb Cake, Nataurals Ivory and gold
Ink- Versamark, Bravo Burgundy
Other-sponges, gold ep, Victorian ef, new Stampin' Up framelits
Well, time to "experiment" with more new supplies!  Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!
EDIT-Thursday evening-
I have been working with this set much of the afternoon and evening and am getting closer to what I want, but still not there.  These cards no longer follow the Merry Monday sketch, but I do like them much better than my first attempt with this stamp.

Honestly, I think I am making this too difficult, but as my mother always has said, I make more work for myself than anyone else she knows!  Oh well, back to the Angel drawing board!
I did have fun trying out another new set today.  I know a lot of you will love this fun set, Happy Hour.  I hesitated getting this set, but am so glad I did.  And in contrast to the angel cards, this one was a snap! 

Supplies for this card include-
Stamps-Happy Hour
Paper-Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, dsp
Ink-Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Other-Stamp-a-ma-jig, Decorative Labael Punch, dimensionals

Don't you just love these sunny colors?  Perfect for a friend's birthday.  Thanks so much for visiting and have a blessed weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Very nice card, the gold is beautiful. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a lot of fabulous cards made with this set, and yours in one of them! Just beautiful how you used the DSP and punch. Very clever and creative.
    Thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is beautiful! I am going to have to CASE it for sure when I get that stamp set.

    And thanks for your kind words and the link to my card. I was really surprised when I clicked the link and found my card. I really do think yours is wonderful and I love the framelits behind your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards Lee Ann. Your embossed angel is very pretty - thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have been having fun with some new goodies! I did not notice that angel set, how glorious she is in gold. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great selection of cards, Lee Ann! I agree that the Wise Men card is awesome, but I love your angels. Getting a good photo is a big challenge for me. Glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...