Sunday, February 5, 2012

Go Team OWH!

While most of the country is watching football( I think it is the superbowl!?), I am working on Mother's Day cards for OWH.  I do not know what is taking me so long to fill a box, so today was the day to "light the fire" so to speak.
First up, the sweet bird from SU's Nature's Nest.  I stamped a Lablanche stamp in Old Olive across the bottom of the K and Co dp I have had in my stash forever and then used Old Olive and stamped the Serene Silhouettes from Sweet N Sassy Stamps above the Lablanche stamp.  The bird is mounted on Certainly Celery and that is the card base as well.  The Sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes from SU and is stamped on a Very Vanilla tag and tied to the beautiful dark green satin bow with embroidery floss.
 
Next is this sweet SU set, A Flower for All Seasons, stamped with Memento black and colored with copics. 
Sorry for the wonky photo, thought it looked OK when I took the picture...The card base is SU So Saffron and the layer is Ruby Red stamped with SU's Hello Doily in Real Red.  The red paper was then embossed with a CB ef.  the image was cut out with a Spellbinder and the edges were inked with So Saffron while the paper was still in the die.  This is layered on paper from Cosmo Cricket.  It is finished off with yellow satin ribbon, red gingham ribbon and a button tied with blue baker's twine.
Next up,  Sketch Challenge 107!  Tried to keep this simple and went for REALLY bright!  
The card bases are SU's Pool Party layered with Lucky Limeade.  The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White, which was pre-stamped with a Tim Holtz background stamp in So Saffron.  A few Lucky Limeade and Pixie Pink flourishes and flowers were added to the sentiment panel but are kind of covered up by the organza ribbon.  Sentiment is from SU and is in Pixie Pink.  The dp is K and Co. and is mounted on So Saffron.
Lastly, another card using the sweet A Flower for All Seasons set.
 The card base is Bashful blue and dp is Echo Park's, For the Record.  The image is stamped on white and colored with copics.  It is cut with a circle cutter and mounted on the beautiful die cut from Memory Box, Quinn.  That is mounted on whisper white, cut with a Spellbinder Die and stitched with white thread around the edges.  A wide yellow ribbon is sewn to the top edge.  The sentiment is SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes.  A dimensional to "pop" the image and 3 eyelets finish this card. 
Whew!  Done!  Sorry for the length, but I have been busy, Sandy!!!  Thanks for stopping by and as always, thanks for your comments.



11 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous! I love the bow on the second card (you should enter it for the ODBD challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, your cards are beautiful, loving the colors and designs, great dp. You rocked those ribbons, Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been very busy - great cards - love the brightness of the mother day cards -

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was scrolling down and kept saying ohhh...they are all to die for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee Ann, Beautiful card.Just stunning. You just made a lot of Mother's Day's. I couldnot pick a favorite because they are all so nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are yummy! I especially love the different greens on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy -- gives me inspiration to get busy on my Mother's Day cards. I don't think I can pick a favorite -- they are all beautiful. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous group of cards! I'm glad to know I'm not alone in getting started up again in my card making... I need to get rolling like you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so detailed- I know our heroes will be eager to snatch them and write home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Lee Ann! I love the bright colors for your sketch card! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... Lee Ann your cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...