Monday, October 7, 2013

Design Team Favorites

Hello Friends!
This week we are sharing Design Team favorites over on the Sweet 'n Sassy blog. I have 3 cards for you, one with layers and one very CAS, and a last minute card, all made with my favorite set, New Beginnings~


I just love how the black portions of the butterflies really help to make them pop on your projects.
  I used one of Chupa's sketches to jump start my MOJO-


I colored my butterflies with Copics and die cut them out with their matching dies.  The sentiment is framed with a frame from the Decorative Frames set. The horizontal strip of paper has a sweet little flourish from the same set, stamped on it.

And the CAS card~

This card I actually made to honor our very own, Susie, who was BOTH Queen for the Day and Featured Stamper at SCS this past week.  Yeah for Susie!  She is so very talented.  Be sure to stop by her blog and give her a little love! 
 I have used a single butterfly here and layered a die cut and a piece of canvas to anchor it.  I am not very comfortable with single layer cards, so I added the black line around the edge of the card to define it a bit more.  Bermuda Bay ink is sponged on the die cut to give it more depth. 

And the last minute addition- this card was made for the Featured Stamper challenge today on SCS-


I die cut a Top Note die and then embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper ef.  I trimmed the die cut so that it would be offset on the card and flush with the edge of the white mat.  Next,  I lightly sponged Crumb Cake ink onto the die cut.  I then lightly sponged Baja Breeze over the Crumb Cake sponging.  Using a brayer, I rolled Smokey Slate ink over the raised areas of the die cut.  I then sponged on some more Baja Breeze to the top 3/4 of the die cut, followed by some Midnight Muse to the very to portion of the Top Note die cut.  Just below that, I added a little bit of Island Indigo and then blended the colors together with more Baja Breeze ink.  Lastly, I rolled more Smokey Slate ink over the raised areas.
The butterfly was stamped and die cut out with the matching die, then colored with Copics.  Lastly, I masked off an stripe along the right side of the mat and first sponged a light layer of Crumb Cake, followed by So Saffron.  I removed the mask and move it over about 1/2 inch and lightly sponged a stripe of S Saffron.  A little bit of linen thread finishes this card. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used-
Layered Card-
Stamps-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps New Beginnings, Decorative Frames
Paper- Neenah Solar White cs, MME dp, SU Basic Black
Ink- Memento Black
Other- Copics, snss New Beginnings matching dies, Decorative Frames matching dies, bling, MFT Fishtail Flag Stax Die-Namics,  SU doily

Susie's Card -
Stamps-snss New Beginnings
Paper- Neenah Solar White, SU Pool Party
Ink-SU Bahama Bay, Memento black
Other- canvas, snss New Beginnings  matching die, Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Add On dies, SU Dazzling Details, Copics, Micron Black pen, Cuttlebug ef, Pool Party baker's twine, SU Linen thread

Peace Card-
Stamps- snss New Beginnings, Sheltering Cherry Blossom
Paper- SU Very Vanilla, Neenah Solar white
Ink- Memento Black, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Crumb Cake
Other- SU Top Note die, SU Vintage Wallpaper ef, SU Linen thread, Brayer, sponges, Post it notes, snss New Beginnings matching dies

10 comments:

  1. Wow Lee Ann!! Every single card is very beautiful! Hard to choose just one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every card is gorgeous. From layered to CAS (and you accomplished that very well I might add) to a last minute addition, you wowed us with beauty and showed us how to change the look of this favorite set. Picking up the dp colors for your butterflies is beautiful and yes, I agree, the black does make them pop! It's a wonderful card with the doily and pearl flourish.

    The second card is so unique in design. The frame almost looks like an ornament behind the butterfly. I'm a huge fan of textiles and love natural fibers so this is right up my alley. And thank you so much for the kind words and the card. What a blessing!

    Your last minute offering is so inspiring. What a wonderful layout and great color combination. I've seen a lot of butterfly cards. These are top notch, Lee Ann. So honored to be designing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are so very lovely. You chose such beautiful color pallets. I must admit however, my favorite is your peace card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work! Your first card is my favorite! I love the bold colors and interesting textures. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love the butterfly on the burlap! Such a contrast of rough and delicate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards! Lovely layout using the sketch, cool green butterflies, brings out the green in the patterned paper. Lovely blues on your other 2 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Lee Ann. The butterflies are so pretty on all 3. The coloring is amazing. Your dry embossed background on the last card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Great color choices and designs! Great job showcasing this beautiful set! Love the sentiments in this set! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love the elegance to these cards...the inking is amazing with the different textures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...