Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baby Brights

Hello and Happy Wednesday! 
Well, as if I did not have enough to do, I made a spontaneous decision to sign up for the Summer Card Camp 2 through Online Card Classes.  I needed a little (or a lot) stretching to push me to try new and sometimes uncomfortable and unfamiliar things. 
This week we have 3 sketches we are focusing on as well as a color combo.  In Stampin' Up lingo the colors are Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo.  Today I found some time to try out a sketch I would never even think to try!
 Here is my card-


This card and its components changed many times before I settled on what I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, some things were glued and/or sewed down already when I would have preferred to change it up!  You think I would learn...I added the doodling around my rectangles at the very end as an after thought.  I felt they really needed something, but I wish I had doodled in the beginning.  
All in all, I like this card; the colors are ones I would probably never have put together and the sketch would have never entered my mind!  So I think I was stretched!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Have a blessed week,

Lee Ann  :)

Products used-
Stamps-
Stampin' Up Zoo Babies
Heartfelt Creations All Seasons Sentiments
Paper-
Flourishes white, SU pink (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Designer Paper Series paper (retired)
Other-
Doodlebug baker's twine, MFT Circle Stax Dies, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the way you used the colors and the sweet sentiments for the sketch. LOVE that giraffe and your doodling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...