Wednesday, November 7, 2012

ODBD and Winter White

This week's challenge at Our daily Bread Designs is 'Winter White'-make an all white card.  As so often happens, what was in my head is not what turned out on paper.  But, I remind myself that everything I do does not have to be perfect, and to learn something from it.  I think I learned not to fussy cut this image out anymore!


I think this is a combination of elegant and shabby chic.  Clearly, it was an experiment!  The image is stamped in Stazon Black with a little bit of water coloring added.  Dazzling Details was added to the snow and trees and a gathering of white tulle was sewn to the lower edge of the card.


I did learn a couple of  other things this week.  After yesterday's historic events, I learned that I need to be more open about my faith in Christ; I learned I have a long way to go when it comes to showing Christ's love.   Christmas is about Christ's love for us; it is why I chose this church image for my card today.  

Thanks so much for stopping by; I am blessed by your kind words!

Lee Ann :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lee Ann!! Sheer elegance!!! I just love all your white with the embossing and how you popped up your beautifully colored image!! Stunning!!
    Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous elegant card! Love the church image! Fab embossing and lovely trim along the bottom of the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...