Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Today we celebrate America's birthday and I am so grateful to call America my home.  I am thankful for our founding fathers who understood freedom and fought for it.  I am also grateful for those today who continue to fight for our freedom, which we often take for granted.
Very often America is associated with baseball, hotdogs, and apple pie.  When I think of America I think back to earlier times in our history when life was much less complicated- technology was limited to the radio and black and white T.V.  People actually still cooked meals!  My card today reminds me of that era- when grandmother baked in her kitchen or shelled peas on the porch.  So my card is titled "Grandma's Kitchen"-
This card is for the sketch challenge at Mojo Monday this week.
As you can see, I flipped the sketch to accommodate my image.
What I used to create this card include-
Stamps-Button Buddies, Teeny Tiny Tags
Paper- Real Red, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Grandma's Attic dsp, Beau Chateau dsp
Ink- Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Stazon Black
Other- Apothocary Framelits, Paper Piercing templates, Daffodil Delight ribbon, Bright Buttons, Scalloped edge punch, Jewelry tag punch, white baker's twine

All supplies are Stampin' Up.  

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.  Have a blessed day!

Lee Ann :)

1 comment:

  1. This is very retro (the colors of my grandmother's kitchen!) and summery too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...